Translate

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Beauty Talk: What is in My Travel Makeup Bag (Summer 2015) ft. Sonia Kashuk Beauty Organizer



We're having a weekend getaway during the July-4 holiday weekend so I thought I would write a post about my discovery of an amazing beauty organizer and what I would bring on a summer vacarion.

Sonia Kashuk Lips Print Beauty Organizer ($24.99 at Target)


Sonia Kashuk Beauty Organizers
VS.
Laura Mercier Custom Artist Portfolio

When I saw a beauty guru on YouTube talking about her Laura Mercier Custom Artist Portfolio, I wanted it so badly; however, it costs $98 which is CRAZY and I know I will never spend that much on a makeup binder/ organizer/ portfolio or whatever you want to call it. Then, I saw someone mentioning Sonia Kashuk (an exclusive brand at Target) had a dupe of the LM portfolio that came in different prints, I couldn't wait to get it!



I chose the lips print since it looks unique and sophisticated. It doesn't have a hard case like the LM portfolio.



Like LM portfolio, this binder also has 2 clear detachable pouches but adhesive pads are used to attach the 2 pouches on the side of the binder instead of magnets as in the LM portfolio. It also has a pocket for makeup brushes with an elastic band to keep the brushes in place and a clear lid to prevent makeup on the brushes from flying everywhere. I like that there's no separated room for each brush since not all brushes can fit in their designated slot. Unfortunately, this part is not removable. 



There's no axtra pocket on the other side of the brush pocket as in LM portfolio. On the right side of the binder is a big clear pocket with zipper instead of 2 other clear pouches, which is totally fine to me.


Pack with Me!




I'll start with the large pocket since I want to put all of my makeup in there first:

1. Primer: I highly recommend this Japonesque Color Velvet Touch Primer for everyone. I'll do a review on it after coming back from this trip. I can tell you right now that it has become my HG face primer!

2. Foundation: I want to bring this MUFE HD Invisible Cover Foundation because it has full coverage, is long-lasting, and looks great in photos. 

3. Concealer: I've been liking this Etude House concealer palette lately; it is lightweight and has decent coverage. 

4. Face powder: I could have brought only the Japonesque Color Velvet Touch Finishing Powder which is my HG translucent setting powder, but I also want to bring the Benefit's Hello Flawless Powder Foundation since I love it so much, although I will use it as a setting powder too.

5. Bronzer + highlighter + blush + eyeshadows:
 - I just need to bring my LORAC Pro To Go palette and cheek colors and eyeshadows are already included.
- I also bring the Smashbox Santigolden Age Apocalypse Now palette since it reminds me of summer with its beautiful sparkling orange and blue shades.
- For under-eye highlighting, I've found that a creamy shadow stick doesn't make my under-eye area look too dry as powder shadows do so I bring my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cashmere.
- I've bought theBalm Betty-Lou Manizer recently and really feel like bringing this "bronzing goddess" with me on this trip to create a summer glowy bronze look.

6. Eye primer: mini LORAC Behind The Scenes eye primer.

7. Brow color: this Slim Eyebrow Pencil from 3 Concept Eyes is skinny and has a spoolie brush on the other side, making it very convenient and quick to fix and fill in my brows. 

8. Eyeliners: I take Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Last Boosting Eyeliner + Serum (my all-time favorite pen eyeliner) and Essence Longlasting Eye Pencil in #02 Hot Chocolate for the basic black and brown; I also include Essence Longlasting Eye Pencil in #17 Touquoise and 3CE Creamy Waterproof Eye Liner in #11 Orancia for a pop of colors.

9. Mascara: the Innisfree Waterproof Microcara is my favorite at the moment.

10. Lip colors:
- Orange: 3CE #406 Milky Tangerine 
- Coral: Butter London Moisture Matte Lipstick in Macbeth
- Hot pink: 3CE #308 Pink Jam
- Orangey red: 3CE #401 Scandal and NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Morocco

11. Setting spray: Urban Decay All Nighter Long-lasting Makeup Setting Spray.

**********



Flipping to the other side, I'm putting the essential makeup brushes in the pocket made for them:

1. Foundation/concealer sponge: I've been enjoying this Beauty Blender lately. Compared to a flat kabuki brush, a damped Beauty Blender sponge gives a thinner layer of foundation/concealer on skin. I feel that it is because the sponge is designed to absorb any excess product.

2. Powder brush: EcoTools Large Powder Brush

4. Face contour brush: ELF Studio Complexion Brush

5. Blush brush: ELF Studio Blush Brush

6. Highlight brush (I forgot to include this brush in the photo): EcoTools Mini Face Brush

7. Eyeshadow brushes:

- The ELLE Fluff Brush can be used to apply an all-over-eye color or a transition color.

- I use this EcoTools Full Eye Shadow Brush to apply the main eye color on the eyelids.

- I love using this ELLE Shoft-Angle Shadow Brush to apply a transition color on my creases and the outer V areas.

- This Real Techniques Shading Brush is small but perfect as a contour brush to emphasize the outer V areas of small hooded eyelids like mine.

- I always keep a clean brush to blend out any hash line and I find that the ELLE Crease Brush does a pretty good job for this purpose because of its density.

- To highlight the brow bones and tear ducts, I use a pencil brush from IMAN.

- The EcoTools Detailed Eye Shading Brush is great to apply eyeshadows on small areas such as around the corners of the eyes and near the lash lines.

**********



The small bag at the top contains tools and any other makeup items that did not fit in the large and brush pockets:

1. My signature perfume: Rose de Chloe'

2. Hair stickers: useful for keeping my bang away from my face when I do my makeup.

3. Eyelash curler

4. Cotton pads & Q-tips

5. False eyelashes: these Ardell #120 Demi lashes are must-have in your makeup collection, regardless of the fact you're wearing false eyelashes often or not. They're super light and so natural with thin invisible bands and demi-wispies style. I bought this set at Ulta because it includes the glue and an applicator besides 2 pairs of lashes.

**********



The small clear bag at the bottom contains all of my facial skincare products:

1. Shiseido Pureness Matifying Moisturizer Oil-free

2. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Sunscreen SPF 70

3.. Cleanser + eyecream + body lotion: I got this deluxe sample set when I bought a product from Philosophy so I just go ahead and bring it.

4. ELF Acne spot treatment

5.  EOS lip balm

6. Pond's makeup remover wipes

7. Thayers' Rose Petal Witch Hazel toner (I poured some in a smaller travel-sized bottle)


Touch-up bag


I do have a separate pouch that I carry around in my purse during the day.



1. Blotting sheets

2. Innisfree Long-wear BB Cushion: a great product to touch up anywhere the foundation has broken down such as my T-zone and the areas around my mouth and nose.

3. More Q-tips for smudged eyeliner/ eyeshadow.

4. The lip color that I'll be wearing at the time.

5. Benefit mini highlight stick in case I want to add back some glow.

*********

As you can see, the Sonia Kashuk beauty organizer is very convenient because it contains all of my travel makeup and facial skincare products without taking too much space in my luggage. I hope this post will give you an idea of which makeup and skincare products I'd like to bring on a short summer trip and how I pack with this Sonia Kashuk beauty organizer (if you also own one or plan on buying one).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
Have a question, advice, or thought you want to share? Feel free to leave a comment!
Want more reviews, makeup tutorials and tips? Join my blog with GFC, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...