Translate

Friday, July 10, 2015

Review: [theBalm] Betty-Lou Manizer and Cindy-Lou Manizer



After falling in love with Mary-Lou Manizer which is also my HG (holy grail or absolute favorite) highlighter, I decided to pick up her sisters Betty-Lou Manizer and Cindy-Lou Manizer during theBalm's 50% off flash sale.

Betty-Lou Manizer - The Bronzing Bandit (Wanted)


Betty-Lou Manizer is a "wanted bronzing bandit" who was "last seen with a handsome stranger". Get her and you will get "a gorgeous glow" as the reward. 



Rating kisses (out of 5): 

Betty-Lou Manizer is a gold shimmery bronzer/ highlighter/ eyeshadow. In the review of Mary-Lou Manizer, I said I didn't think I would need this bronzer because I didn't like shimmery bronzer. That is because I thought bronzing and contouring were the same; well, they're not! Recently I've learned that contouring means creating shadows while bronzing is creating sun-kissed color on face, so now I think this girl is great to create a bronzy glow on my summer makeup. Note that because Betty-Lou doesn't have cool tone and is shimmery, she is not a contouring product.


Cindy-Lou Manizer - The Con-tour Artist (Escaped)


Cindy-Lou Manizer is an "escaped con(-tour) artist" who is "convicted of stealing glances". It is warned that she is "extremely bright and a master of disguise".


Rating kisses: 

Cindy-Lou is Mary-Lou and Betty-Lou's little sister since she was introduced last. I don't think she is a must-have but whenever I feel that blushes might be too much for my bold lips, Cindy is very useful for creating a little pinkish glow on my cheeks.


The sisters together:


Even if you're not too crazy about highlighters and only want one, I'd still recommend getting all three sisters since on one hand, they are all multi-purpose products: all three can be highlighters and eyeshadows; on the other hand, they're so different from each other: Betty-Lou and Cindy-Lou are beautiful shimmery blushes, and Betty-Lou is a gorgeous bronzer.


Swatches






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
Have a question, advice, or thought you want to share? Feel free to leave a comment!
Want more reviews, makeup tutorials and tips? Join my blog with GFC, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...