Translate

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Review: [Japonesque] Velvet Touch Finishing Powder



After failing to find a powder foundation, I'm going back to liquid foundation/BB cream and instead had been looking for a good finishing powder that can keep my face from getting oily during these hot months. My current favorite: Japonesque Velvet Touch Finishing Powder (only available at Ulta for now).



Talc is listed first in the ingredients. I personally don't concern it too much of a danger but you can pass this product if you want to avoid talc. Read about talc: http://www.cosmeticsinfo.org/HBI/26



Packaging:        

I have to admit that this product caught my attention with its artistic packaging although it's just plastic, nothing fancy. Don't you think it's awesome that no single powder has the same pattern? Hmm, making me feel special ... I appreciate the mirror included. It comes with a thin good-quality sponge but I prefer using my EcoTools Sheer Finish Kabuki brush.

Texture:            

This is the smoothest and silkiest powder I've ever touched. If you know the feeling of touching very soft and creamy powder eyeshadow (like Lorac Pro), you will know what I'm talking about. It is finely milled and even states "Microfine Finishing Powder" on the box; I think this technology is the main selling point. What else? It doesn't look cakey despite how much I put on and feels so light that I think it just melts right onto my skin. My face doesn't feel itchy like when I use the Urban Decay Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder. Sorry UD's fans, I'm just super sensitive to the feel of powder on my skin.

Performance:    

This powder has only 1 universal shade (01) which is transparent; that means it doesn't change the color of my foundation. However, be sure to apply evenly or you'll end up with white marks of powder on your face. I love how it creates such a polished look and smooth out my complexion given the fact it's transparent. It doesn't emphasize pores and fine lines.
In terms of mattifyng effect, it does eliminate the shine on my face instantly. Although this completely matte finish doesn't stay the same for the whole day, my extremely oily t-zone is less shiny than it is without the powder. My skin looks glowy - not shiny; if I like my make up to be matte all day, I would need to reapply 1-2 times during the day. I haven't tested it when I'm more active outdoor and sweating, but I don't think any powder can withstand the sweat.

Scent:                

When I sniff the powder on the pan directly, it has a faint unpleasant scent, smelling like melting plastic. I don't actually smell anything when I apply the powder with a brush but if I use the sponge, the sponge stinks so bad! I think people who are very sensitive with scented makeup will not like this fact.


Overall, I like this finishing powder very very much so it has become my current go-to powder. The scent is hardly noticeable since I normally use a powder brush. Now I can't go out without the perfect matte finish this product gives. I haven't found any other powder that can give me such a nice look and a great feel so I'll stick with this one for a very long time.

Have you tried this powder yet? Feel free to leave a comment about what you think and don't forget to join my blog for more beauty posts ;) .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
Have a question, advice, or thought you want to share? Feel free to leave a comment!
Want more reviews, makeup tutorials and tips? Join my blog with GFC, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...