Translate

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Review: [Make Up For Ever] Mat Velvet + Mattifying Foundation



I have been looking for a matifying foundation for summer and I tried 3 popular ones: MUFE Mat Velvet +, Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage and Estee Lauder Double Wear. MUFE Mat Velvet + is the only one I actually bought and tried continuously for a week. I will also write a little about the other 2 since I did try the samples a few times.


1. MUFE Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

I tried this foundation with matifying primer and setting powder using both beauty blender and a flat kabuki brush.

Pros:
  • Full coverage
  • Not heavy if applying the right amount
  • Nice soft matte finish
Cons:
  • Doesn't stay matte, turns to dewy finish in 1-2 hours
  • Comes off easily around my T-zone
  • Oxidized
  • Becomes cakey and heavy if applying too much
  • Accentuate dryness

2. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage

Pros:
  • Full coverage
  • Long lasting
Cons:
  • Settles in pores
  • Feels heavy

3. Estee Lauder Double Wear

This foundation feels very similar to the Too Faced Born This Way foundation, except that it dries to a matte finish as compared to the natural finish of the Born This Way foundation, doesn't feel as lightweight but provides more coverage.

Pros:
  • Full coverage
  • Creamy texture that blends easily.
  • Dry to a nice matte finish.
  • Long-lasting
Cons:
  • Doesn't have a pump (NOOOO!!!)
  • A little heavy (but can still be used as a heavy-duty foundation for special occasions)

I had a very high hope for the MUFE Mat Velvet + but unfortunately it didn't work for me. Estee Lauder Double Wear seems nice but wouldn't be the one I'll reach to on a daily basis. Tarte Amazonian Clay settling in my pores is a big "no no". It means I'm still trying out matte foundations so stay tune for more foundation reviews!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
Have a question, advice, or thought you want to share? Feel free to leave a comment!
Want more reviews, makeup tutorials and tips? Join my blog with GFC, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...