Translate

Friday, September 11, 2015

Review: [Too Faced] Cocoa Powder Foundation


Since I bought the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, I had been thinking about getting another product from Too Faced's cocoa product line. I know most of you would think about the Chocolate Bar or the Semi-sweet Chocolate Bar Eye Shadow Palettes right away, but I already have quite a few palettes with similar shades in my collection so I decided to get this Cocoa Powder Foundation. You'll see that in this post I'm comparing this powder with my most favorite powder foundation and setting powder, the Benefit Hello Flawless Powder and the Japonesque Velvet Touch Finishing Powder.



I wanted to get the shade Light but but I thought it was a little too pink for me while the shade Golden Light was a little too dark, so the only option I had left is Fair. Now, I kinda regret not getting the shade Golden Light.

Claims:

  • Exclusive Cocoa Complex is a proprietary blend of antioxidant-rich cocoa powder and moisturizing cocoa butter that work together to hydrate and smooth skin and boost your mood
  • Eight flexible shades work on almost any skin tone
  • Oil-absorbing
  • Medium-to-full undetectable coverage
  • Hyaluronic filling spheres diminish the appearance of fine lines and pores and aid with long-lasting hydration
  • Crystalline Powder is made up of hexagonal-shaped platelets that slide over each other to bring out skin’s natural radiance while added pearl powder creates a soft focus effect leaving skin with a luminous rose petal finish
  • Vegan Friendly
  • Paraben Free




Rating kisses (out of 5): 

The packaging is very similar to the Soleil bronzers except that the color is black, not gold and that there's a sponge included underneath the actual powder.

It also smells like yummy chocolate just like the Soleil bronzers, which I love. Also, who doesn't like cocoa powder that is antioxidant-rich and may prevent or delay some types of cell damage?

It is claimed to "glide on seamlessly, blending into skin for a weightless, plush-matte, rose petal finish." Although I can see some particles in the pan, these particles don't show up on skin at all. Thus, the finish is somewhat matte and pretty smooth so I guess that looks like rose petal finish. The powder is also very fine so it does feel weightless on skin.

Now, because it is a powder foundation, I have to talk about its coverage. The coverage is light to medium; it is not medium to full like the Benefit Hello Flawless Powder. That is the reason I don't like to use it as a foundation but as a setting or touch-up powder instead.

As a foundation, I don't think it is enough to diminish the appearance of fine lines and my large pores! Because the coverage is too light, it is also hard to tell if it lasts long or not as a foundation.
As a setting powder, it does help blurring fine lines and pores but not as well as my holy grail Japonesque Velvet Touch Finishing Powder. My T-zone starts to get shiny after 4-5 hours with this powder as compared to 7-8 hours if I use the Velvet Touch powder. Thus, it's oil-absorbing feature is average

My final thought is that I really like it because of the fact that it has a very nice soft texture and smells amazing. I don't love it like I love my Japonesque Velvet Touch Finishing Powder which actually blurs my pores a lot or my Benefit Hello Flawless Powder Foundation which has more coverage, but I can see myself repurchasing it just to bring it with me everyday to touch up. I really enjoy putting this powder on.

So ... if you've tried it before, let me now in the comment section below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
Have a question, advice, or thought you want to share? Feel free to leave a comment!
Want more reviews, makeup tutorials and tips? Join my blog with GFC, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...