Translate

Friday, August 21, 2015

Review and Swatches: [Maybelline] Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipsticks



I love matte lipsticks, although I also like satin lip colors. However, the matte lipsticks in my collection aren't from many brands because I'm too picky with lipsticks in general. I can wear only lipsticks that are (1) lightweight, (2) comfortable/ smooth, (3) non-drying over time, (4) having decent lasting power and (5) non-patchy/even finish. Lipsticks with the first condition are very hard to find and up to now I found only 2 brands having lightweight lipsticks are 3 Concept Eyes and Essence. Now, I am happy to announce that I've found another lipstick line satisfying my 5 conditions: the Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipsticks from Maybelline.

There are 20 shades and I own 10. Too bad many shades are quite similar so I won't buy more even if I want to.

********************

Swatches


#655 Daringly Nude (pink nude) ♥♥♥♥



#656 Clay Crush (peachy brown nude) ♥♥♥♥♥
One of my most favorite shade at all time!


#660 Touch of Spice (reddish brown) ♥♥♥
Be careful with this shade because it looks a little too brown on my light skin.


#670 Ravishing Rose (mauve) ♥♥
I don't know why but this shade looks a little gray on me ...


#670 Ravishing Rose (neutral pink) ♥♥♥♥
You might think it looks cool-toned from all of the swatches you've seen but to me it's pretty neutral.


#686 Pink Sugar (bright warm pink) ♥♥
I love the color but not the finish of this one. This is the only one that will accentuate every single dry flake, wrinkle or any other flaw on my lips, even the flaws I don't see before applying it. I am so sad :(


#687 All Fired Up (bright pinkish red) ♥♥♥♥


#690 Siren in Scarlet (red) ♥♥♥♥


#691 Rich Ruby (dark red) ♥♥♥♥


#695 Divine Wine (vampy red) ♥♥♥♥
Even though it's pretty dark, I can see myself loving it during the winter!


********************

Review



Rating kisses (out of 5): 

Again, I like all of the shades I got, but my favorite is Clay Crush which is a very unique peachy brown nude. I always like bright lip colors so I can't believe how much I love this nude shade. The 20 shades Maybelline offering now are not very distinctive, meaning many shades look very similar to each other and a lot of them lean toward cool pink or fuchsia.

The lipsticks smell like vanilla and are housed in an ugly mauve-colored packaging. In general, all but one shade I own have all the conditions I require above: they're creamy like butter yet so lightweight; they last quite a long time and never dry out my lips. Only Pink Sugar doesn't look very nice, all other 9 shades have a beautiful matte finish and even hide your imperfections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
Have a question, advice, or thought you want to share? Feel free to leave a comment!
Want more reviews, makeup tutorials and tips? Join my blog with GFC, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...