Translate

Friday, July 17, 2015

Review & Swatches: [Essence] Longlasting Lipsticks



Essence is a German drugstore cosmetics brand and is available at Ulta if you live in the U.S. Ulta has only 12 colors of these lipsticks but I'm not sure if those are the only ones the brand has currently. I got 6 colors:

01 Coral Calling
07 Natural Beauty
09 Wear Berries!
13 Love Me
14 Adorable Matt
16 I Am Yours!

Spoiler alert: these lipsticks are among my most favorites! I love them more than the ones from some high-end brands like Bite, Butter London, NARS ... They are my go-to everyday lip colors.

Rating kisses (out of 5)

* Price: $2.99

* Packaging: just as light as any other drugstore lipsticks; I like that the tube is black so it doesn't look cheap but still has a colored ring around to describe the shade inside.

* Finish: mostly satin, except for the color #14 Adorable Matt which leans a little toward matte finish but not too matte.

* Pigmentation: decent, not crazily pigmented but not sheer whatsoever. I find that pigmentation is build-able without leaving a thick layer of product.

* Texture: super creamy and moisturizing but super lightweight as well. The texture remind me of the Maybelline Color Whisper lipsticks; however, these Essence Longlasting lipsticks don't dry out my lips like the Maybelline Color Whisper lipsticks do and also more opaque.

* Longevity: although the name is "Long-lasting", these lipsticks last about 4-5 hours on me, which I think is reasonable since I always expect to reapply after lunch with ANY lipstick.

Swatches:


From the top:
07 Natural Beauty - nude pink
13 Love Me - warm pink09 Wear Berries! - berry
 16 I Am Yours! - rose
01 Coral Calling - coral
14 Adorable Matt - blue toned red


07 Natural Beauty - Nude pink
The pictures make it look more cool toned than it actually is.



13 Love Me - Warm pink



01 Coral Calling - Coral



 16 I Am Yours! - Rose



09 Wear Berries! - Berry
Again, this one is not as purple as it looks in the picture.



14 Adorable Matt - Cool red





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
Have a question, advice, or thought you want to share? Feel free to leave a comment!
Want more reviews, makeup tutorials and tips? Join my blog with GFC, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...