Translate

Friday, May 29, 2015

Review: [Peripera] Watery Face Pride Up Cushion Pact and [Innisfree] Long-wear BB Cushion in #21 Natural Beige


The post today will be all about BB cushion! After hearing so many raves about this type of product, I bought these cushions from Peripera (a Clio's brand) and Innisfree to try. I heard that using a BB cushion would cut your foundation time in half and that the magic of the air puff included would help creating an even and smooth finish. Well, let's see if what I heard is true.

1. Peripera Water Face Pride Up Cushion Pact SPF 50+/ PA+++ in #2 Vanilla Beige





Rating kisses (out of 5): 

I have to admit that the packaging drew me into buying this cushion, but I did get it particularly because of its moisturizing texture. It was Winter 2014 when I bought this cushion and my skin was super dry. The verdict:

- Ideal for: dry skin, normal skin, and combination skin (fall/winter only).
- Effect: brighten up and even out skin tone, very light-weight, moisturizing.
- Coverage: light to medium
- Finish: like-skin dewy finish.
- Consistency: thin and a bit oily (which I like for the purpose of using it during the cold seasons)
- Scent: floral, but not overwhelming
- Longevity: 3-4 hours.
- Application: Using the puff included, it actually took me longer than my normal liquid-foundation time to achieve an even layer that cover my pores. I kept having to go back and press down as hard as I could to get enough product onto the puff.

2. Innisfree Long-wear BB Cushion SPF 50+/ PA+++ in #21 Natural Beige








Rating kisses (out of 5): 

This product is one of the most popular BB cushions and my first product from this company. Innisfree is known for having natural ingredients and a decent quality for a drugstore brand although its packaging is very simple compared to other Korean brands like Etude House or Skin Food. I bought and tested this Long-wear BB Cushion during the Winter and the result was awful! The texture was creamy but the consistency was super dry and wasn't blendable at all. It looked very patchy on my skin and skipped over my pores, making my pores even more visible. HOWEVER, Innisfree made this product for the Summer and it was supposed to control oil very well; that explains why the consistency was so dry. So I decided to save it for the Summer and test it again before giving my opinion. It is still Spring now but the temperature is hot enough for me to give it another try; the result came out quite different and I like it a lot:

- Ideal for: oily skin, normal skin, combination skin (spring/summer only). Make sure that you moisturize your face well because it is very dry and will emphasize dry spots!
- Effect: brighten up and even out skin tone, also very light-weight. It is pretty good at oil controlling.
- Coverage: light to medium
- Finish: like-skin matte finish; I don't think I even need a powder.
- Scent: floral.
- Consistency: thick, creamy, not dry (surprisingly!!!). I think the temperature affected the consistency.
- Longevity: 4-5 hours.
- Application: I feel that I get more product out of this cushion than the one from Peripera each time I press down. That makes the application a little quicker than the cushion above but I still think using a puff to apply BB cushion requires a little more effort than applying a liquid foundation with a brush.


Final thought:
I prefer the Innisfree Long-wear BB Cushion because it lasts longer and has a little more coverage than the other. I rarely have to touch up during the cold seasons but during late-Spring and Summer, I look like a hot mess if I stay out for a few hours. This product is perfect to bring on-the-go when my foundation starts to melt off around my oily areas. For some reason, I prefer this cushion to any powder when it comes to touch-up; maybe because it blends better with the rest of my foundation.
As a foundation, I found that this Innisfree cushion would work the best on top of a slippery silicon primer such as Smashbox photo finish primer or ELF primers. I use it on top of my ELF Studio Poreless Face Primer and the application (with the puff) is much faster; the product blends so easily and beautifully on skin, leaving a flawless finish!

Neither of these two products is for girls who like medium to full coverage. However, if you want to look like you're not wearing any makeup, BB cushion is the product for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
Have a question, advice, or thought you want to share? Feel free to leave a comment!
Want more reviews, makeup tutorials and tips? Join my blog with GFC, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...