Translate

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Review: [Colourpop] Lippie Stix and Super Shock Cheek Blushes



Today I want to review some products that I bought from a brand called Colourpop. Colourpop is a California-based cosmetics brand that offers affordable makeup products with great quality. They have tons of shades for their eyeshadows, lipsticks and cheek products ranged from $5 - $8. The brand hasn't been around for so long so I think they're still creating more amazing products. I love that they always include cute cards for sweet messages and descriptions or tips & tricks for the products.

Lippie Stix


For the lip products, they have retractable lip crayons which they call Lippie Stix and matching lip pencils; all are sold for $5 each. The lippie stix comes with 6 finishes: glossy, hyper-glossy, pearlized, satin, cream, and matte. I bought Rocket (satin) and I ♡ This (matte).

Left: Rocket, Right: I ♡ This



Rating kisses (out of 5):   Rocket -  
                                        I ♡ This - 

I finds that the satin finish of Rocket tends to accentuate my dry lips while the matte finish of I ♡ This is very creamy and smooth. At the time I bought these 2 lippies, they didn't have the creamy finish so I'm very curious how it looks and feels on lips. Other than the difference in finishes, both Rocket and I ♡ This have beautiful colors and stay fairly long but not extremely long. None of the two dries out my lips; they're pretty comfortable. This is a very good product for $5!

Super Shock Cheek


For the cheeks, they have blushes (Super Shock Cheek), highlighters, and bronzers that they sell for $8 each. The blushes come with 3 finishes: satin, matte, and pearlized. I have the colors Homie (fuchsia pink), Rain (purple), Holiday (light coral pink ) and Between the Sheets (nude pink).


Homie - Rain
Holiday - Between the Sheets

From the top: Between the Sheets - Holiday - Homie - Rain

Rating kisses (out of 5): 

These blushes have a very unique texture. When I touch the product in the jar, it feels like a very dense mousse and if I push my finger down, it'll have a dent. Yet, it has a powdery finish on skin. The box says: "Keep the magic in, close jar tightly after use", meaning that the product will eventually dry out. The best way for me to apply these blushes is using my E.L.F Studio Small Stipple Brush or Ecotools Sheer Finish Kabuki Brush, swirling the brush on the surface of the blush, and applying onto my cheeks with a stippling motion. These blushes are very pigmented and seem to last pretty long on my cheeks.

(Update: The brushes mentioned above are the best if you want to a sheer/ more natural blush. The best way to achieve more pigmented color on your cheeks is applying these blushes with your fingers.)

- Between the Sheets: This is an everyday blush color for me, or when I want to were bold lips. I feel that it will compliment many skin tones.

- Holiday: This is a lovely color for Summer.

- Homie: Don't let the bold, bright fuchsia/magenta pink scare you, on your cheeks it won't look anything like in the jar or like the swatch. It is just a pretty hot pink shade.

- Rain: Okay, so ... unlike the three shades above which are very popular, I don't hear a lot about this shade. Before buying Rain, I tried to look up for some swatches but I hardly found any. I just thought I'd never had a purple blush before so I would just just give it a try. And you know what? It is not only the most unique shade out of the four, but also my most favorite shade, EVER! I have light skin tone and this shade goes on like a light purply pink that really brightens up my face and gives me a very fresh look. Must try!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
Have a question, advice, or thought you want to share? Feel free to leave a comment!
Want more reviews, makeup tutorials and tips? Join my blog with GFC, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...