Translate

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Review: [3 Concept Eyes] Water Gloss (8 of 10 available colors)




I finally get the chance to share my love for 3CE water glosses and you know I love them because I bought 8 out of 10 available colors!!! They are Tic Toc, Selfie, Switch On, Encore, Vivatic, Chi Chi, Lucky Strike and Spicy Red.

The ones I didn't get are Chewing and Funny Booster. I wanted Chewing so badly but the color was always out of stock so I gave up on it and got Encore and Vivatic instead (which are similar). Funny Booster looks like a color I already have.


    Vivatic                                Encore                                          Selfie

 
     Switch On                                  Lucky Strike                     Chi Chi

                                           Tic Toc                     Spicy Red

3CE water gloss has gel texture and is a combination of lip gloss and lip tint. It is NOT a liquid lipstick so it won't have that full pigmentation/coverage.

Pros:
- Pretty colors (although some look very similar to each other such as Tic Toc and Switch On or Vivatic and Encore).
- Pretty finish. I have big lips so I normally stay away from glossy finish; however, these water glosses just have enough sheen and are very flattering on my lips!
- Creamy gel texture that doesn't feel sticky like lip glosses and feels light on lips.
- Sheer to medium pigmentation depending on how much you apply. What nice about them is they leave a nice stain after the glossiness wears off and touching up will add even more color. I can't believe lip glosses can be this pigmented.
- The sheen wears off but I can still feel the moisture on my lips.
- Easy to apply.

Cons:
- Packaging: the product tends to leak onto the outside of the tube (where you twist to open the cap), especially if it's not standing up.
- It won't survive after a meal.
- Colors are greatly inconsistent and depends a lot on the lips' color underneath. You will see many shades seem to look similar in the swatch photos just because I didn't conceal my lips completely.

Swatches


Top: Vivatic, Encore, Selfie, Switch On
Bottom: Lucky Strike, Chi Chi, Tic Toc, Spicy Red

Vivatic

Encore

Selfie

Switch On

Lucky Strike (This one actually looks more coral in real life)

Chi Chi (not as red in real life and more yellow)

Tic Toc (looks more red in real life)

Spicy Red

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
Have a question, advice, or thought you want to share? Feel free to leave a comment!
Want more reviews, makeup tutorials and tips? Join my blog with GFC, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...