Translate

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Review: [EOS] Smooth Sphere Lip Balms

Merry Christmas everyone!

Today I want to review a very well-known product: Evolution of Smooth (EOS) Smooth Sphere Lip Balms. I've been using a few brands including Chapstick, Burt's Bees, Carmex, Green by Nature, Nivea and I hadn't been satisfied by any of them. There was one time that I tried to make my own lip balm. I like my hand-made lip balm but maybe because I used only 2 ingredients: Shea butter and olive oil, I felt it was still lacking something. Then I noticed the little egg coming with many colors everywhere in Walmart and Target; I looked up the reviews and decided to give it a try.

The first picture is what I bought and the second one is what available on their official website http://evolutionofsmooth.com. The website shows only 8 colors (8 flavors) but I think I saw somewhere another one called Watermelon, and the pack I got has Vanilla so the total should be 10. I wonder if Watermelon is only available in some other countries.



Claims:


EOS lip balms are 95% organic (USDA-certified), 100% natural  and paraben and petrolatum free. Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing Shea butter and jojoba oil, EOS keep your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth.

- Long-lasting moisture
- Shea butter & vitamin E
- Smoothes on clear
- Precisely glides on lips
- Twist-off top
- Gluten-free
- Paraben-free
- Petrolatum-free
- Phthalate-free
- 0.25 oz

Flavors:

  1. Sweet Mint: Smooth on the refreshing essence of sweet mint and give your lips the moisture they crave. 
  2. Pomegranate Raspberry: Smooth on an all-natural lip balm that delivers the perfect balance of flavor and moisture.
  3. Blueberry Acai: Give your lips a healthy boost with this all-natural, antioxidant-rich lip balm that is filled with refreshing blueberry and acai flavors.
  4. Strawberry Sorbet: Show your lips some love with a lip balm as delicious and refreshing as the irresistible dessert.
  5. Summer Fruit: Treat your lips to an all-natural lip balm that’s bursting with moisture and the refreshing flavors of strawberry, blueberry and peach.
  6. Honeysuckle Honeydew: Delight your lips with the irresistible flavor of fresh honeydew and with moisture that keeps your lips feeling soft and smooth all day long.
  7. Medicated Tangerine: Keep your lips happy and healthy with this daily-use lip balm that soothes with medicated relief.
  8. Lemon Drop with SPF 15: Pamper your lips while you protect them from the sun with this irresistibly refreshing Broad Spectrum SPF 15 lip balm that’s bursting with natural flavor. 

Where to buy: grocery stores, drug stores, their website, amazon.

Price: $2.96 each at Walmart

My thoughts:


My first impression is that the package is so cute! Putting these colorful eggs in a basket reminds me of Easter. The package creates a comfortable touch and helps it easier to reach among countless things in your purse.

It smells yummy! I am not a fan of vanilla; I hate candles, cosmetics, shower gel, fragrances ... with vanilla scent! However, I was so surprised that I actually like the sphere in Vanilla. I don't taste anything though, just the smell. The Sweet Mint has a minty feeling when applied.

These lip balms are really moisturizing. They don't have the oily feeling of Carmex nor the waxy feeling of Burt's Bees; more importantly, they don't dry out my lips! They last longer than other lip balms as well. I just love the feeling of using them so I opened all three flavors in the pack and put them here and there around my house. I am so tempted to buy all the flavors!

The only con I can think of is Lemon Drop is the only one that has sunscreen. So if you're a lip balm person and must carry lip balms with you when going out, you might be limited to that particular flavor. I don't mind it because I don't bring lip balms when I go out anyway; I tend to use moisturizing lipsticks and tinted lip balms more. The EOS lip balm is perfect for me to use at home, keeps my lips in a good condition and is a base when I use lipsticks.

Packaging:        
Scent:              
Feel on lips:      
Effectiveness:  
Staying power: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
Have a question, advice, or thought you want to share? Feel free to leave a comment!
Want more reviews, makeup tutorials and tips? Join my blog with GFC, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...