Translate

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Review: [Dior] Addict Extreme Lipstick #479 Holiday

Hi guys,

I've just bought the Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick #479 Holiday with a Sephora gift card that I received for my birthday. The reason that I chose it is because I've heard a very good review from my friend about Dior lipsticks and I really wanted to try at least one lipstick from this brand, but I know I will never spend $31 for a lipstick => ridiculously expensive! I want to review it today and also compare it to the 3 Concept Eyes Lipstick #503 Glass Hot Pink since I think these two are very similar.




Of course, it must have a fancy package to fit its price.


Bare lips
Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick #479 Holiday
3 Concept Eyes Lipstick #503 Glass Hot Pink

The texture of the Dior Addict Extreme is very similar to that of 3CE glass lipsticks: smooth, lightweight and comfortable. I should just say the feeling on my lips is just exactly the same. Because this is a sheer lipstick, its staying power is not as strong as matte lipsticks, only about 2-3 hours. Like 3CE glass lipsticks, the Dior Addict Extreme has sheer finish; however, I think it's not as pigmented as the 3CE. In terms of color, for some reason this shade appears in the pictures to be the same as the 3CE Glass Hot Pink on my lips even though it is a pink with warmer tone, closed to coral but not exactly. Below is the Dior Addict Extreme #479 Holiday and 3CE Glass Hot Pink on a tissue.


Dior Addict Extreme #479 Holiday vs. 3CE #503 Glass Hot Pink
The colors are clearly different on the tissue; and in real life the Dior Addict Extreme #479 Holiday, besides not as pigmented, is closer to my lip color and would be for people who prefer natural look.

My Rating for Dior Addict Extreme - Holiday

Color:                
Pigmentation:     
Texture:             
Finish:              
Staying power:    

In my opinion, this lipstick is NOT worth $31. Although the texture is very comfortable, its pigmentation makes it fail to be called a lipstick. To me, it's more like a tinted lip balm and seriously, a tinted lip balm shouldn't cost that much. I haven't tried other Dior lipsticks which cost about the same though. If other Dior lipsticks are more pigmented and still have this same texture, they might be worth the price.

1 comment:

  1. darling . i just realise i do read your blog too. hehe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!
Have a question, advice, or thought you want to share? Feel free to leave a comment!
Want more reviews, makeup tutorials and tips? Join my blog with GFC, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...