Translate

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Review: My Skincare Products

Good afternoon,

It is so hot today in Maryland and obviously, summer is coming. Depending on what season, weather and temperature, each skin type will react in a certain way. I have combination skin type, which means skin on T-zone and inner of my cheeks is oily while everywhere else on my face is dry. That also means this area is supper oily when the temperature is this hot! I have HUGE pores, therefore I need to find products that are good at oil-control yet do not dry out other areas on my face. Here are the skincare products I used and have been using:

1. Clean&Clear Oil-free Daily Pore Cleanser





Performance
Pros: clean very well
Cons: too drying

This is the first facial cleanser I used many years ago. The opinion I'm giving is based on the result at that time; I'm not sure if the company had some innovation for the product. I first used it in Vietnam, a humid country and had no problem with it. When I moved to the U.S, although the cleanser still did the cleaning job well, it made my skin way too dry that I had to stop using it. Recommend ONLY for oily skin!

2. Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub 



Performance: 
Pros: clean well, not drying, feel comfortable
Cons: not control oil well, not remove makeup

The brightening effect is not great, it does brighten your skin just as other facial cleansers do. It is just a normal effect after you clean your face.

3. Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser



Performance: 
Pros: not drying, clean an remove makeup very well
Cons: might be a bit drying for dry/normal skin

3. Neutrogena Oil-free Acne Wash



Performance: 
Pros: oil control
Cons: not clear ance as fast as I want

Note that this product should be use only on the area having acne/oil problem, not your entire face. I don't have acne problems so I use this on my t-zone and inner cheeks to clean the oil.

4. Olay Total Effects Anti-aging Moisturizer


 
Performance: 
Pros: moisturizing effect, smell Great
Cons: nothing too special

I use it as a facial moisturizer when my skin turns dry without expecting any other effects, and it smells great so ... why not!?

5. Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips


Performance: 
Pros: do the job pretty well, make my nose feel clean
Cons: there're still some blackheads left

I have some blackheads on my nose but not too many, and the strips remove most of them but not all. I also wish the strips were longer. The problem is I don't know any other better nose strips out there, so I have to stick with this brand. If you have worse blackhead problem than I do, you might find this product not that great.

6. Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser Cleansing Mask


Performance: 
Pros: my nose feels fresh
Cons: not erase my blackheads

This is a disappointment! I looked at reviews carefully before buying this mask and now I don't understand why it has so high rating (around 4.5/5). The mask does nothing to my blackheads and I still need the nose strips. All it does is making my nose feel fresh!

7. Garnier Cleansing Wipes


Performance: 
Pros: remove makeup and clean without re-wash your face, smell good, refreshing
Cons: one sheet is not enough

These wipes are very comfortable to use. The only downside is that one sheet is not enough to remove all of my makeup (I don't use heavy makeup), yet 2 are more than enough! The reason is the wipes are small and not large enough to me.

8.  Bond's Luminous Clean Wet Cleansing Towelettes 


Performance: 
Pros: remove makeup & clean face without re-washing, smell good, refreshing, 1 sheet is enough
Cons: packaging

I took 0.5 point because the lid doesn't keep out the air well, the glue they use to stick the lid and the remaining part of the package is not strong. If you don't pay attention and don't close it completely, the wipes will become dry eventually. I will have to look for another brand that offers a hard lid.

9. Tony Moly Egg Pore Tightening Pack


 
Performance: 
Pros: tighten pores well, look so cute!
Cons: the effect lasts only 1 day

I guess most of you already know about this product. For ones who don't know, it is part of Tony Moly's product line called Egg Pore Set including 3 items. The other 2 items are Egg Pore Blackhead Out Oil Gel and Egg Pore Silky Smooth Palm. The tightening pack make my large pores less visible immediately, love it! The smell isn't as bad as some reviews stated. Although the effect lasts longer than other products (1 day vs. a few hours), I wish it would last a few days. Hohoho, I'm so greedy!

I am thinking about buying the Egg Pore Silky Smooth Balm. It is more like a makeup than a skincare product, acting as a primer that fills your pores. I've read some reviews stating that this palm does not clog your pore and can even be used as a night cream (huh?). Anyway, I will try it out some day after looking at more reviews.

Let me know if you want a review about the balm too. Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. thank you for the review!!
    is there alot of product in the tony moly egg pore set?
    check out my blog maybe please?
    charrmyn.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading!
Have a question, advice, or thought you want to share? Feel free to leave a comment!
Want more reviews, makeup tutorials and tips? Join my blog with GFC, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...