Translate

Friday, August 15, 2014

Review: [Shiseido] UV Protective Liquid Foundation SPF 42



Shiseido UV Protective Liquid Foundation SPF 42 is a medium-to-full-coverage foundation that is supposed to protect your skin with SPF 42 and light enough to use daily. There are only 8 shades.

SP10
SP01
SP02
SP03
SP04
SP05
SP06
SP07
SP10       SP01     SP02     SP03    SP04     SP05    SP06    SP07
Fair         Light      Light     Light    Medium   Medium  Dark    Dark  
Beige      Beige     Ivory     Ochre   Beige      Ivory     Beige   Ivory

Claims: 

- Full-coverage, providing a flawless, transfer-resistant, dewy and luminous finish that lasts for hours.
- Resistant against water and oil.
- Resist aging.
- PABA-free.

After using this foundation throughout the summer, I can give more accurate review today. I bought the shade SP03-Light Ochre which is a light yellow tone. It is hard to choose your shade online so I recommend going to the store to test it yourself.

The box includes the foundation itself and a high-quality sponge coming in a plastic case. I prefer using a foundation brush so I haven't touched the sponge. If you like using sponge, this is a nice addition.


ALWAYS shake well before use! Otherwise, there might be separated layers (probably the sunscreen and the pigment of the foundation)


As you can see, it is very liquidy.

Left: With --- Right: Without (Please excuse my non-makeup face lol)
You can see that it covers my dark areas pretty well. I don't have to use concealer.

Rating Kisses (out of 5): 

Performance on me:

- It lasts 10+ hours.

- As most of Shiseido products, it has a perfumey scent that might be overpowering to some people.

- The texture is very liquidy but it also dries very fast so you need to be quick when applying the product. I recommend applying this foundation with a  dense foundation brush and NOT with your hands. The foundation dries so quickly that when it starts to thicken, it is extremely hard to spread the product evenly with hands.

- The finish is matte and powdery (although it's supposed to be dewy), might look too dry on dry skin.

- It actually doesn't feel light to me but not too heavy either.

- Medium coverage. I think it's buildable to full-coverage but might feel too heavy.

- Despite the high SPF, it doesn't leave a white cast on my face in photos with flash.

- It doesn't control oil. This product is not advertised to control oil anyways.

- Although this foundation seems to resist water and sweat, it does transfer to clothes (or is it just me?). Try not to touch or wipe your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
Have a question, advice, or thought you want to share? Feel free to leave a comment!
Want more reviews, makeup tutorials and tips? Join my blog with GFC, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...