Translate

Friday, July 18, 2014

Review: [Hada Labo Tokyo] Replenishing Hydrator




Hada Labo Tokyo is a Japanese brand that is exclusively sold at Ulta. The line has 5 products including Skin Plumping Gel CreamAnti-Aging HydratorProtecting Day Lotion SPF 18,  Hydrating Facial Cleanser and Replenishing Hydrator which is the only one I have. What is special about this skincare line is that it is lightweight and oil-free but still provide hydration to skin with Super Hyaluronic Acid (SHA), a unique and powerful combination of 3 types of Hyaluronic Acid (HA). HA is actually contained in our skin; younger people have a lot of it and the amount of HA in our skin decreases as we get older. This skincare line is created to provide a lot of HA for aging skin.

Watch the 3 promotional videos from the brand below to understand more.








The Replenishing Hydrator is known for being sold 1 bottle every 2 seconds in Japan. I was looking for a lightweight moisturizer to use during Summer and thought I would give it a try.




How to Use:
Use anytime skin needs a moisture boost.
Apply a few drops to palms, warm up the product and pat onto face and neck until thoroughly absorbed.

Packaging
I pretty like the packaging: cute, light, easy to pump out the product ... nothing to complain.

Texture
More like a serum than a moisturizer, lightweight but sticky. After completely absorbed, it doesn't feel greasy or sticky anymore.

Application
Fragrance-free, takes longer than I thought to completely absorbed into skin (not in seconds, maybe 3 minutes), basically when I don't feel the stickiness anymore. I normally use my hands to fan my face for the product to dry faster. I use it twice a day, before putting on makeup in the morning and at night before going to sleep. DON'T apply it over makeup as suggested if you don't want to mess up your foundation.

Performance
I do feel that it provides a good amount of hydration to my combination skin during hot seasons (not enough in clod seasons). Dry skin should not use it alone and might be better off with the Skin Plumping Gel Cream; however, it also means this hydrator may be the best choice for combination/oily skin. Using this hydrator is like trading off the soft, smooth-looking skin provided by moderately heavy moisturizers for a fresh glowing skin. After 1 month, I notice the glow on top of my cheeks so much more than before that I don't think I ever need a highlighter anymore. I have some under-eye fine lines but haven't seen any improvement even after 3 months of use; maybe the Anti-Aging Hydrator is better in erasing fine lines.

General Rating (out of 5)     

In general it is a decent product. The reason that I don't give it more "kisses" is because I personally prefer the soft and smooth look of my skin when I use heavier moisturizers. So if you like glowing skin you should give it 4.5 rating. I know I'm contradicting myself when saying I want something light for Summer but also want the soft look of using heavy moisturizer, but if there's a product that can do both, it'll win my heart.

I don't really think my skin looks amazing after using this product. Will I repurchase? Probably not. The other 2 products in the line - Skin Plumping Gel Cream and Anti-Aging Hydrator - might perform better on me so I'm thinking about getting those, or a light weight moisturizer from Shiseido since I love their Ibuki Refining Moisturizer Enriched so much.

I bought the Anti-Aging Hydrator and the Protecting Day Lotion SPF 18 for my mom who has oily skin and lives in a very humid area. I'll ask her about the result on her skin and add an update in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
Have a question, advice, or thought you want to share? Feel free to leave a comment!
Want more reviews, makeup tutorials and tips? Join my blog with GFC, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...