Translate

Monday, August 3, 2015

Haul: [Icing] (by Claire's) Makeup Brushes


Today I must talk about wayyy too underrated makeup brushes from Icing, I MUST!!! While Claire's targets the 13-18 age group, Icing by Claire's targets women in their 20s. Icing's brushes have the quality that reminds me of those expensive ones from Sigma, Tarte and IT Cosmetics, yet I don't hear a lot about them.

They're having a discount right now so I bought a few of the brushes for only $5 each and I'm telling you guys now so that you can get the discount while it's still on. Take a look HERE! The 2 main lines are Expert brushes and Bamboo brushes, I bought a mixture of both and find that they feel the same. They're all very soft and sturdy ... they're just amazing!!!


1. Expert and Bamboo Buffer/Powder Brushes



Expert Buffer/Powder vs. Bamboo Chubby Powder vs Eco Tools Buffing brush

These 2 brushes are actually the same buffer/powder brush except that the Bamboo one is a little bit bigger (chubbier?). These brushes are my favorites of the bunch because it is so soft, dense and very full to buff both liquid and powder foundation onto the skin. It's also pretty big; the perfect size to finish the foundation application quickly.

2. Expert 3 Point HD Foundation Brush




Eco Tools Buffing Brush vs. Icing Expert 3 Point HD Foundation Brush

When I added this brush into my cart I though it was a flat kabuki brush, but it turned out to look like the Sigma 3DHD Kabuki brush. I'm not sure if I will like it as much as the buffer/powder brushes since I normally prefer applying foundation using buffing and circular motion, while this brush will require "painting" the product onto the skin. Despite my preference, I think it's comparable to the one from Sigma because of its softness and density and how the bristles were cut.

3. Expert Large Powder Brush



Eco Tools Large Powder Brush vs. Icing Expert Large Powder Brush

Not to be confused with their other expert powder brush which has a flat top, this brush is much bigger and has a domed shape. It is HUGE, probably the biggest brush I've ever owned and of course I love it. I had been hunting an affordable giant fluffy brush with high quality to set my powder and I've just found it. I can't believe it is just as soft as a giant powder brush from IT Cosmetics that costs around $50.

4. Bamboo Stippling Brush



ELF Large Stipple Brush vs. Icing Bamboo Stippling Brush

This brush is very similar to the ELF large stipple brush ... maybe a little fuller as you can tell from the photo above. It also has the Expert version with black and white color. I bought it to use with my powder blushes.

5. Bamboo Slanted Powder Brush



ELF Complexion Brush vs. Icing Slanted Powder Brush

This brush isn't as full and big as the first 2 brushes I mentioned, but it's still soft and fluffy enough for natural contour.


The only thing I don't like about Icing brush collections is that they don't have a lot of eye brushes and most of their eye brushes are double ended. Double ended brushes cannot be put in a brush holder cup without one of the 2 ends being ruined. I hope the brand will have more recognition and decide to expend their brush collections.

So ...

- Message to Icing: please make more brushes with this type of quality!

- Message to my readers: try Icing brushes before the sales ends!!! My recommendation is the Buffer/Powder and the Large Powder brushes.

Disclaimer: This post is NOT sponsored.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
Have a question, advice, or thought you want to share? Feel free to leave a comment!
Want more reviews, makeup tutorials and tips? Join my blog with GFC, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...