Translate

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Review: [Skin Food] Powder, Toner, Makeup Remover and Masks



Today will be about the first Skin Food products I've purchased including Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder, Peach Sake Toner, Rose Shake Point Makeup Remover, Black Sugar Strawberry Mask Wash Off and Banana Yogurt Mask Wash Off. I bought these products from my favorite Korean cosmetics online store Honestskin.com.

Skin Food has been known for using natural ingredients for its products and I had been wanting to try them out. Overall, I've been enjoying these products and I'm sure I will buy more from the brand.


Peach Sake Finishing Powder (and Peach Sake Pore Pact)


    



Rating kisses (out of 5): 

Pros:

  • Nice peachy scent
  • Affordable 
  • Just as the name suggests, it is a finely milled powder that is silky smooth, very comfortable to wear. I'm amazed with the quality of this powder considering its price.
  • Makes my face soft like a baby's butt (might be a con 'cause I can't stop touching my face, lol)
  • Decent oil control
  • Cute vintage cardboard packaging that looks like wood
Cons:
  • Might be too white for darker skin tone
  • Not for travel since it's a loose powder
  • Comes with just a little amount of powder
  • The buff is soft but not very useful. It's better to apply with a brush
I also want to talk a little about Peach Sake Pore Pact. I bought it by accident and gave it to my friend. The pore pact is also smooth but needs a little rubbing to pick up enough amount of product. It has the same peachy scent. It is too small for my liking but because it's light, it's easy to be carried around.



Peach Sake Toner



Rating kisses (out of 5): 

Pros:
  • Again, nice peachy scent
  • Slightly smooth out my complexion 
  • Takes away the remaining makeup, dirt and oil making skin feel very clean and fresh
  • I can't read the ingredient list in Korean but it doesn't feel like having alcohol. (UPDATE: it does have alcohol listed as the second ingredient. Also, sake is Japaneses wine, duh! So I'm moving this bullet point to Cons.)
Cons:
  • I like the glass sake-bottle packaging which makes it look high-end but the bottle is heavy and can't be dropped. Needless to say, traveling with it is a bad idea.

Rose Shake Point Makeup Remover



It has 2 separated layers so you have to shake before use.

Rating kisses (out of 5): 

Pros:
  • Gentle for eyes and lips yet remove makeup pretty well
  • Doesn't sting make my eyes since it doesn't contain alcohol
  • Nice rosy scent which I love!
Cons: None

Black Sugar Strawberry Mask Wash Off and Banana Yogurt Mask Wash Off





Rating kisses (out of 5): 

Pros:
  • Smells yummy!!!
  • Black Sugar Strawberry exfoliate face and lips gently
  • Skin feels smooth afterwards 
Cons: None


I use the Black Sugar Strawberry once/week and the Banana Yogurt twice/a week. Because I like to apply mask while I'm in the shower so when my skin seems to look brighter, I'm not sure it's the result of the shower or the masks. One thing I'm pretty sure is I normally have to apply moisturizer as soon as I get out of the shower because my skin normally feels dry and tighten but after using the masks, I don't have to anymore. However, for those having dry skin, I advise you not to rely on the masks and still follow your moisturizing routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading!
Have a question, advice, or thought you want to share? Feel free to leave a comment!
Want more reviews, makeup tutorials and tips? Join my blog with GFC, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...